Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Workshop Day

I really enjoyed our second class. I was nervous about the magazine transfer activity. However, it turned out to be fun! I have never done anything like that, and I didn't realize how creative you can get with it. Unfortunately, some of the strips didn't get dry enough to run through the projector and started falling off, but what was shown of our class project was really cool! I am glad we were able to practice though, because I really wasn't sure how thin to cut the strips and how long to soak them in the water. I also wasn't sure if I got all of the residue off the tape before putting it on the film strip. I love the way it looks once it is on the screen. I didn't have a lot of time to work with the oil and paint on the film. To be honest, I couldn't tell a big difference when I put the oil on first, then ink, and putting the ink on first, then the oil. It was harder to paint with ink on the film than I thought it would be. It's hard to make specific shapes and designs with the paintbrush, but I also think that it gives the film a neat look. Again, I am glad that we got to practice with that first, because I wasn't sure how it would turn out in the end. I thought that it was a really good workshop day and good practice for working on our projects.

No comments: