Sunday, September 9, 2007

Animation Article

I have never thought much about the process of making experimental cartoons. I have only seen one or two experimental cartoons, and I didn't like them very much. However, I would like to see more because I know there are many different types of experimental cartoons. The article compared the process of creating conventional Disney-style cartoons to experimental cartoons. Experimental cartoons lack the typical narrative form of storytelling and really reflect the presence of the artist. In Disney cartoons, the stories follow the traditional narrative pattern with a powerful musical score and lack a personal reflection of the artist. It was an interesting article and I would really like to see a few more experimental cartoons and see the comparisons between their process and the Disney process.

No comments: