Friday, September 28, 2007

Film Developing Project

I thought that the film developing project was really fun on Thursday. Our group brought in different objects such as jewelry, paper clips, rice, salt, and marbles. It was very hard to see what exactly was going on the film strip and how it was going to look once it was developed, but I love having the freedom to just experiment and be creative. It's a relief to know you can just experiment and not worry to much about it coming out to look a certain way. I think that most of our film came out pretty well, but it was a little hard to tell. I thought that the contact printing was also cool. I was surprised at how well some of them came out. The only bad part about the film developing was the flickering of the lights on and off. The room goes from really bright to really dark and it's tough on the eyes. I really enjoyed it though, and I would be interested in experimenting with it in the future.

No comments: