Friday, October 12, 2007

Film Scratch Junkies

When we watched the Film Scratch Junkies film at the beginning of the semester, I really wasn't a fan of it. After all of the projects and assginments we have done since then, I have a lot more appreciation for experimental filmmakers and the Film Scratch Junkies film that we watched last class. I was a lot more impressed with the outcome of their film and found myself thinking, "wow, how did they do that?" I also have a lot more appreciation for the amount of time and creativity put into a film like theirs. I also tried to pick out different techniques that I thought they had used and I thought that it was really cool how they synched a soundtrack with the film. Even though I have never been a huge fan of experimental film, I definetly have a better understanding of why people make experimental films and how much hard work is put into them.

No comments: