Saturday, October 20, 2007

You Only Get One Shot

Even though it was class on Saturday, I enjoyed the one shot shoo that we did. I was a little nervous about it because it's hard to come up with a good, fun story to do in one shot, much less for 60 seconds. We came up with the idea to have Jason be a macho athlete, and have me offscreen throwing balls at him. With each throw, the ball gets bigger and I try and throw it harder. When he thinks he's done, he turns to the camera, showing off his macho muscles, and I hurl a big exercise ball at him and smack him in the face so he falls to the ground. It was a very simple story, but it was hard to time it just right. You couldn't do it too slow or too fast. I thought I had messed up the ending shot because when I threw the ball, it only grazed the top of his head and I really wanted it to smack him in the face. So we were worried that it wouldn't look convincing or funny. However, when we watched our film, it looked much better than we thought and I think that it does look believable. I enjoyed doing the film processing again as well. It was a little weird doing it in the boys bathroom, but probably for the best so we didn't have to worry about light leaks. Our film came out with really crisp composition, which was really cool too. I'm excited to put some sound with it. I am also excited to start putting sound with our other projects like the rayogram project.

1 comment:

Six X. One said...

Yeah. You alls' one shot turned out really nicely - good exposure and well timed! Can't wait to hear it with sound.

It was indeed a little odd processing in the guys' bathroom and odder yet that it is also one of the best places to process on campus because of the running water, sinks and wealth of paper towels. We need a darkroom.