Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Finished Project

We finally finished our film manipulation project! Jason and I put the final touches on our film this week. We experimented a little more with the bleaching. Actually, this time it went a lot better than the first time. The first time we put too much bleach on the film and pretty much turned it clear. This time we poured a little bleach into a bottle cap and used the end of a paintbrush to draw with the bleach onto the film. It looked really cool on the film and hopefully it will look even cooler once it is run through the projector. Some of our magazine transfers have started to come off of the film. Hopefully, they will not get messed up when they are run throught the projector. Splicing the film and putting it together went really well. Once we began to roll the film around the spool, it took longer than I thought it would. I am really excited to finally see this film shown. We have worked really hard on this for a few weeks now and I can't wait to see how it looks. I really enjoyed working on this project. It is something that I never really thought I would like. I just loved being creative and experimenting. It was a really cool project!

No comments: