Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Work on Elements Project

I am excited about the elements project, but I am a little nervous because I am still learning with each of the activities we are doing. We also have a lot of film to work with so I know that it is going to be very time consuming. Jason and I started working on the project and decided which elements to do on each type of film and how to represent each element. We tried the bleaching technique and made a little bit of a mess out of it. We ended up bleaching a little more than we wanted to. So, I think that we need a little more work on that. I am not very good at drawing, so I am keeping the animations very simple. I think that I am most excited about the magazine transfer. I love the way that it looks onscreen and I love the creative process of it. We are coming up with creative ways to use the magazine transfers to represent the elements. We also tried painting with ink and oil but we definitely need some more practice with that. We didn't realize how long it would take the paint and oil to dry, so that set us back a little with our work. Overall, our project is coming along very well. We are learning as we go, but also becoming more creative as we go. I am really excited to see how it looks once it is run through the projector. I think that it will look really cool!

1 comment:

Six X. One said...

Sounds great. The good thing about this exercise is that you don't have to worry too much about messing up or something not looking good. The medium is inhearently rough so if your drawings look a little rough, that fits. It sounds like you are having fun with the process and, in this case, that's what counts.