Friday, September 14, 2007

Animation Project

On Thursday we worked on our animation project. I was a little worried at first because I wasn't real sure how the process worked and I didn't know if we had the right kind of props and if they would work ok for what we were doing. We had gotten together to come up with a story and an idea for props, but it was kind of hard. There was a lot of cool stuff that we wanted to do, but we wanted to keep it simple because we knew that it was very time consuming and it was our first time doing anything like this. However, once we started setting up everything and putting our props together, I started getting excited about it. We kept coming up with more and more ideas as we went along. It was definitely a learning experience! I knew that it would be a slow-moving process and there is a lot to think about. It's a very detailed process and it was easy to forget about other props. We would focus on our play-doh man and toy cars, and completely miss the fact that our paper tree was falling over in the background! I am hoping that we got a little better as we went, but I'm just not sure. I was glad that we each got to switch roles so everyone could participate in each role. I also enjoyed using the types of cameras that we did and using real film to do this. At first I was dreading staying in class an extra 2 hours, but the time flew by! We had a lot of fun with this project and surprisingly enough we ended up leaving a little early. Even if we would've stayed the whole time, I wouldn't have minded. Although this project made me nervous at first, I am really glad that we got to do something like this. It was so much fun! Just like other things we have done in this class, we were free to be as creative as we could. I can't wait to see how the film comes out and edit this project. I might not ever get a chance to do something like this again, so I'm really glad that I had this opportunity.

No comments: