Monday, November 26, 2007

Rhythmic Editing

Before Thanksgiving break, Jason and I filmed my idea for the rhythmic editing assignment. This is the first project out of all of the ones assigned that I have not been looking forward to. Mainly this was because when we were introduced to the assignment and watched the samples in class, I had a hard time watching them without getting a headache. It could be because it was like nothing I had ever seen and I just wasn't used to that. I'm not sure, but I was a little bummed I couldn't watch the samples. It was hard for me to come up with an idea. The only thing I could think of was to film Jason cooking something, that way I would have a process and a beginning and ending. So I filmed him cooking chicken and mashed potatoes! The best part was I got a meal at the end! I tried to get different shots and angles, but with some things, I could only get one shot so we couldn't do it over. I think that the footage turned out nicely and I am going to the editing lab after classes on Tuesday to finish editing it. We had filmed Jason's idea earlier before the break. He had a detailed idea of shots that he wanted. His idea was to shoot my morning routine. He also attempted to get different shots and angles. I saw a little bit of what he edited and I thought that it looked really good. I was excited that I could actually watch what I saw without getting a headache. He also chose a song to back it up that I think went really well with it. I'm excited to see what everyone came up with in class on Thursday. I just hope I can watch them without a headache.

No comments: