Sunday, November 4, 2007

Update

I really enjoyed last week's class. The competition to make the longest film roll was really fun. i was skeptical at first and really didn't think it would last as long as it did. After watching the other group get creative and organized with their system of hanging things from the ceiling, I was a little worried about our group making it. However, after looking at the rolls, I am kind of thinking that my group had the longest stretch, but we will see after we measure them in class on Thursday. I also think it's cool that our Teacherman took footage of us working on it, just like he has done with other projects. It's good for the memories. We have finished working on Assignment 3. We have finished all of the editing, and I think that it turned out really well. Because our ambience and dialogue is so dominant and strong, we don't have many sound effects in our rayograms film. But there are a few in there, but they are very suttle. We also slowed down some parts of the footage and I think that it gave the film a very cool effect. I think that it turned out nicely and I am excited to see what the rest of the class thinks. We started working on assignment 4. This one has been a little more difficult to find sounds that we want to go with it. I think that our dialogue is going to be the dominant track, so we are working on getting the timing right with that. We have found some ambience for it, but we are still looking for more sound effects. The tone of this one is going to be more light and funny than the rayograms, so we have a little more sound researching to do. But I am looking forward to hearing suggestions from the class on Thursday.

1 comment:

silvashan said...

Oh man! So jealous of your film loop race. Looks like you all had a crazy day. :-)