Sunday, December 9, 2007

48-Hour Video Race

I thought that the video race was a really cool idea. I was a little nervous about it at first because I knew it would be tough to make a film in such a limited time with a mystery prop, but I think that it turned out ok. The 3 children's blocks were quite a surprise. I had no idea what to do with them so I started to try and spell words. The best word I could figure out was FIB. So I thought it could be my title and I would make a simple story about someone telling a lie. Since I knew I would be pressed for time, not only because we had two days but also because of other classes and projects, I didn't want to mess with dialogue. At most I was going to put audio with it, but I had issues with the computer and ran out of time. I used my friend's digital camera and was horrified by the resolution. The footage looked so bad, but oh well. I had to transfer it a few different times so I'm sure that didn't help. My roommate volunteered to be in it, so I was glad to have the help.

It was really cool to see everyone else's projects. I was so afraid that everyone's would be so much better than mine, but I could tell some of them had trouble thinking of ideas. It was really cool to see the different ideas people came up with. I think that was my favorite screening all semester...of course the hot apple cider probably helped that. One of my favorite ideas was the skateboarding one. Another hilarious one was the PB&J and "It's a Boyeeee!" The end of semester gathering was really fun. I was really nervous about showing my film in front of 3 other classes, as well as ours, but everyone was nice and applauded and laughed. So that made me feel better.

It's been an awesome semester and I have really loved this class. It has definitely been one of my favorite college classes that I have taken. I learned a lot and had a ton of fun doing it. I would recommend this class to all filmmakers and all of my friends. It's a great way to get your hands on film without the pressure of messing anything up. It's been a great semester in 6x1! Thanks Andre!

No comments: